First 100 Details
The First 100 is a long-standing tradition where we invite 100 people to celebrate the grand opening of each
new Chick-fil-A restaurant. It's an opportunity for our owner-operators and team members to connect with the
community they will be serving and get to know the neighbors. As such, participation will be open to residents
who live in geographic proximity to the restaurant. For a list of eligible zip codes, please visit
- Why can't I participate if I don't live within the area?
Each Chick-fil-A restaurant is locally owned and operated. The First 100 celebration is our
owner-operators' introduction to the local community. We want to ensure those neighbors, whom we'll be
serving at that location in the future, have a seat at the table in welcoming and getting to know their
- What if I work inside the zip code area but do not live in the zip code area?
Only those who reside within the specified zip codes are eligible to participate. You may participate as
a guest of an eligible participant if you meet the additional eligibility requirements.
- What if I go to college inside the zip code area but do not live in the zip code area?
If you bring a current, valid student ID, you may use the ID to establish your eligibility for the First
- What if my friend/family member lives inside the zip code area but I do not?
You can participate as their guest; provided that you meet the additional eligibility requirements.
- What do I need to provide to show that I live in the zip code area?
You may use your U.S. Government-issued ID, a recent bill, or a bank statement.
- How are the zip codes chosen?
We select the zip codes by drawing a radius around the restaurant. We include all zip codes that fall
within that radius. The radius differs by restaurant based on population.
- Can I get my zip code added to the list?
Unfortunately, we will not be adding additional zip codes for the First 100. The full list of
participating zip codes are available at
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings. These represent the
final list of zip codes eligible.
- Do guests of participants have to live within the zip code area?
No, participants' guests do not have to live within the zip code area.
- What if there aren't 100 people who are eligible to participate at the beginning of the promotion?
Each Chick-fil-A restaurant will continue to accept eligible participants (residents from selected zip
codes) until 100 participants are registered.
We are pleased to announce that beginning with Grand Openings on March 13, 2014, First 100 Prize offers will now be featured on one Digital Offer Card. The single, uniquely coded Digital Offer Card (DOC) will be pre-loaded with 52 free Chick-fil-A #1 Sandwich Meals. Benefits include the ability to use the card multiple times during your visit to Chick-fil-A so that you can have guests dine with you and a "valid only through date" of approximately one year from the First 100 event you attended. Please note: First 100 Digital Offer Cards issued October 23, 2014 and beyond cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
See Chick-fil-A First 100 Giveaway Official Rules at: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/First-100-Rules
or obtain a copy from the Restaurant.
Capitalized terms used in this Overview are defined in the Official Rules.
** Elements of the Giveaway, including the Giveaway Period and related start and end times, are subject to
modification. Please see http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings and carefully review any modifications before
It is always exciting when a new Chick-fil-A Restaurant opens, but it is especially rewarding for the First 100! That is
because each of the First 100 Participants at the Grand Opening of a Chick-fil-A Restaurant who comply with the Official
Rules will receive a Grand Prize of one Chick-fil-A Sandwich Meal per week for a year (equating to 52 meals). A Chick-fil-A
Sandwich Meal consists of a Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato Fries
TM and a medium drink.
Thanks to overwhelming support, the First 100 Giveaway has grown tremendously over the years. Increasingly, there have
been very large crowds arriving very early. To help ease confusion and to allow our guests equal opportunity to participate, a
new process has been put in place to choose the First 100 Winners.
Unless otherwise noted, arrive at the Restaurant between 5:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. Local Time on the day before a grand
opening (e.g., the Wednesday before a Thursday grand opening)**. Go to the Restaurant and express your interest in
participating in the Giveaway. If more than 100 people are present, qualified and prepared to participate in the Giveaway as
of 6 a.m.,** the First 100 Participants will be selected via a random Drawing, as follows:
- Each eligible individual will receive one Ticket for the Drawing.
- 100 individuals will win a Number via the Drawing. If they complete and sign the Giveaway’s Release and Waiver, they will be invited to remain at the Restaurant for 24 hours** and become a Participant in the Giveaway.
- After the First 100 Winners have been chosen, an additional 10 individuals will win a Number via the Drawing. If they complete and sign the Giveaway’s Release and Waiver, they will be invited to remain at the Restaurant for 24 hours** and become an Alternate in the Giveaway.
- All Participants who comply with the Official Rules will receive a Grand Prize at the end of the Giveaway Period.
- All Alternates who comply with the Official Rules will receive an Alternate Prize at the end of the Giveaway Period.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Arriving before 5:30 a.m. Local Time** on Wednesday WILL NOT improve your chances of winning.
- No unofficial rosters and/or sign-in sheets will be honored.
- Participants and Alternates must be 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence if the age of majority is greater than 18, on
the first day of the Giveaway Period, with a valid, government issued photo ID. Guests must be 5 years of age, or older, on the
first day of the Giveaway Period.
- If 100 people are not present at 6 a.m. Local Time** on Wednesday, a Drawing will not be conducted and all individuals present,
qualified and prepared to participate in the Giveaway will receive a Number. Additional Numbers for the 100 Participants and
10 Alternates will thereafter be awarded on a first come basis. If these individuals complete and sign the Giveaway’s Release
and Waiver, they will be invited to remain at the Restaurant for 24 hours** and become said Participant or Alternate in the
- Participants and Alternates are limited to 5 Guests. All minor Guests must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Participants, Alternates and Guests must remain in their designated spot on the premises until the Grand Opening of the
Restaurant. (Exceptions are made for short restroom breaks and/or to comply with any applicable legal requirement.)
- Participants, Alternates and Guests must dress appropriately for changing weather conditions.
- If you know of any health, medical or personal reasons which would prevent you from following the Official Rules of the
Giveaway, please be safe and do not participate.
- Released Parties (whether or not related) and any of their affiliates and subsidiaries may not win a prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, not to award any Prize to any Participant or Alternate, or to cancel
the Giveaway, for any reason.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, stolen or misplaced Prizes.
- This is an overview and summary of the Giveaway. Official Rules will govern the Giveaway.
Download a printable PDF