My parents home went up in flames on Sunday, June 9, 2013. My elderly parents, my nephew, his wife and their 3 sons lost everything. My nephew was admitted to UAB Hospital Burn Unit in Birmingham and my mother was admitted to UAH Hospital for smoke inhalation. They have been displaced and put up into the Hampton Inn hotel by their insurance company with no kitchen to feed themselves with other than a microwave TV dinner or take out.
The brand new Chick-fil-A at Hampton Cove, whose Operator is Chuck Rice, opened their doors for a grand opening on June 13, 2013. Despite all that goes with a grand opening, they took my family in and fed them dinner on the house. You have no idea how much that meant to me and my family. How that act of kindness touched us. I just want to say THANK YOU to the Chick-fil-A family and their wonderful Operator and employees at that location. They just don't know how much that touched us. We will forever be grateful and forever be patrons of that specific location. I have thanked God for having that store built there and be there for us in this very difficult time and for the kindness that was evident in the hearts of that stores operator Chuck Rice.
Thank you so very much from myself and each of my family members that have been displaced.