What measures have Chick-fil-A restaurants taken to help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
All franchised Chick-fil-A restaurant Operators and Team Members have increased handwashing, cleaning and disinfecting procedures. As some areas reopen and conditions evolve, you may see some of our restaurants open their dining rooms and other safety practices change. Our commitment to serving our Guests safely remains constant and Operators are equipped and empowered to make decisions that best serve the unique needs of their communities in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. Chick-fil-A, Inc. will continue working with research experts, other industry partners, and our internal innovation teams to adjust restaurant operating requirements in an effort to minimize any potential risk of spreading illness.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to help protect our Guests and Team Members:
- All Team Members are required to complete a health screening prior to each shift.
- Thermometers have been made available to restaurants so that Operators may choose to check Team Member temperatures when starting their shift.
- Restaurant Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands frequently. Some restaurants have equipped outdoor handwashing stations for even easier Team Member access.
- All delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since being prepared and packaged.
- Restaurants utilize three different cleaners that are on the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of disinfectant products for use against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Team Members use these products to clean and disinfect surfaces in restaurants throughout the day, with greater frequency at high touchpoints, like credit card readers, point-of-sale systems and more. Chick-fil-A has sent guidance to all its vendors and delivery partners who regularly make stops at our restaurants advising them on our enhanced protocols to help protect our restaurants and communities.
Are Chick-fil-A Team Members wearing face coverings?
Where state and local regulations allow, face coverings inside the restaurant are now optional for fully vaccinated Team Members. Additionally, based on recent findings that the rate of outdoor transmission is low, all Team Members have the option to work without a face covering outdoors. Team Members will continue to complete mandatory health screenings before each shift, along with frequent handwashing, and will keep a face covering on hand at all times should a customer express discomfort.
How do I place a delivery order?
Chick-fil-A restaurants may offer a variety of different delivery options, including Chick-fil-A Team Member Delivery or delivery through our national delivery partners, DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats. Delivery options vary by location. Customers are encouraged to ask their local restaurant or visit chick-fil-a.com/delivery to see what options are available in their area.
What extra precautions are being taken for my Chick-fil-A delivery orders?
We are taking extra precautions in our restaurants and with our delivery orders, including:
- We have instituted procedures with our delivery partners to minimize contact. All third-party and Team Member Delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since prepared and packaged.
- “Leave at the front door” is a delivery option across all platforms intended to help limit person-to-person contact.
Are playgrounds open?
All Chick-fil-A playgrounds are closed out of an abundance of caution. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.