What measures have Chick-fil-A restaurants taken to help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
Our restaurants comply with all federal, state and local regulations. All Chick-fil-A franchise Operators and Team Members have been instructed to follow or exceed CDC guidance for increased handwashing, cleaning and disinfectant procedures. Chick-fil-A, Inc. will continue working with research experts, other industry partners, and our internal innovation teams to adjust our operations to minimize any potential risk of spreading illness.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to help protect our Guests and Team Members:
- As some areas reopen and conditions evolve, you may see some of our restaurants open their dining rooms and other safety practices change. Our commitment to Safe Service remains constant and Operators are equipped and empowered to make decisions that best serve the unique needs of their communities in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- We’ve made thermometers available to Team Members to be able to check their temperature before entering the restaurant.
- Restaurant Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands frequently. Some restaurants have equipped outdoor handwashing stations for even easier Team Member access.
- We’ve provided signage and floor decals to create walking paths through the restaurants for Guests, with marks every six feet to encourage social distancing. Because each restaurant is independently owned and operated and building design and operations vary restaurant-to-restaurant, these operations may look different at your local location.
- All delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since being prepared and packaged.
- Restaurants utilize three different cleaners that are on the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of disinfectant products for use against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Team Members use these products to disinfect surfaces in restaurants throughout the day, with greater frequency at high touchpoints, like tables, credit card readers, point-of-sale systems and more. Chick-fil-A has sent guidance to all its vendors and delivery partners who regularly make stops at our restaurants advising them on our enhanced protocols to help ensure they are taking necessary precautions to protect our restaurants and communities.
Are Chick-fil-A Team Members wearing face coverings?
Chick-fil-A restaurant Team Members are required to wear face coverings inside the restaurant at all times. However, restaurant Team Members working outdoors, including in the drive-thru, are not required to wear face coverings, as the risk of spreading COVID-19 outdoors is greatly reduced. The decision to wear masks outside is at Operator and Team Member discretion. Team Members will continue to practice social distancing when possible. Although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not generally recommend use of face shields as a substitute for face coverings, they remain an alternative in certain situations where face coverings cannot be tolerated, such as for medical or heat-related considerations. Re-wearable masks must be washed after shifts end and prior to reuse.
How do I place a delivery order?
Chick-fil-A restaurants offer a variety of different delivery options, including Chick-fil-A Team Member Delivery or through our national delivery partners, DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats. Delivery options varies by location. Customers are encouraged to ask their local restaurant or visit chick-fil-a.com/delivery.
What extra precautions are being taken for my Chick-fil-A delivery orders?
We are taking extra precautions in our restaurants and with our delivery orders, including:
- We have instituted contactless procedures and other measures with our delivery partners to minimize potential spread. All third-party and Team Member Delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since prepared and packaged.
- “Leave at the front door” is a delivery option across all platforms to limit person-to-person contact.