¿Qué medidas han tomado los restaurantes Chick-fil-A para ayudar a prevenir la propagación del coronavirus?
Our restaurants comply with all federal, state and local regulations. All Chick-fil-A franchise Operators and Team Members have been instructed to follow or exceed CDC guidance for increased hand-washing, cleaning and disinfectant procedures. Chick-fil-A, Inc. will continue working with the CDC, other industry partners, and our internal innovation teams to adjust our operations to minimize any potential risk of spreading illness.
Here are some of the steps we’ve taken in recent weeks:
- While our restaurant dining rooms closed nationwide the week of March 16, we have continued to serve customers through drive-thru, curbside pick-up or delivery. Now, as guidance from the CDC and government officials continues to evolve, and some states begin to ease restrictions on the closure of local businesses, you may see some of our restaurants open their doors for carry-out. While Operators are equipped and empowered to make decisions that best serve the unique needs of their communities, our commitment to Safe Service remains constant. Find information about service modifications at your local restaurant here.
- When clocking in for their shift, Team Members are prompted to review a list of symptoms, including those of COVID-19, and are advised to go home if they are displaying symptoms or have displayed any symptoms in the past 24 hours. Team Members must also wash their uniforms daily.
- We are also making thermometers available to our Operators for Team Members to be able to check their temperature before entering the restaurant.
- Restaurant Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands regularly and after handling currency. To ensure adequate hand-washing, we have deployed new outdoor hand-washing stations for restaurant Team Members.
- To help restaurant Team Members maintain six-feet separation from each other and Guests whenever possible, we have created a visual diagram with guidelines. Because each restaurant is independently owned and operated and building design and operations vary restaurant-to-restaurant, these operations may look different at your local location.
- To further limit person-to-person contact, we are recommending a new procedure where Guests will have the ability to swipe their own credit card and will no longer have to provide credit card PIN entry or sign for receipts. Team Members will use a plastic bin to collect cash and return change.
- Payment and meal delivery will be carried out by separate restaurant Team Members, so a Team Member who processes payment should not touch any packaging unless they first change their gloves and wash their hands. (Food preparation has always been done by different Team Members than those handling payments or serving Guests.)
- All meal delivery must be contactless by using a plastic bin or tray to deliver meals.
- All delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since being prepared and packaged.
- Restaurants utilize three different cleaners that are on the EPA list of antimicrobial products for use against COVID-19 or have been granted as acceptable to use to kill COVID-19. Team Members use these products to disinfect restaurants throughout the day, with greater frequency at high touchpoints. Point-of-sale systems are sanitized every 30 minutes or less with one of these three different disinfectants.
- Chick-fil-A has sent guidance to all its vendors and delivery partners who regularly make stops at our restaurants advising them on our enhanced protocols to help ensure they are taking necessary precautions to protect our restaurants and communities.
As guidance from the CDC and government officials continues to evolve, and some states begin to ease restrictions on the closure of local businesses, you may see some of our restaurants open their doors for carry-out beginning mid-May. Although we are not opening dining room seating or playgrounds just yet, Guests may notice the following changes inside our restaurants as they reopen their doors.
- Front counter plexiglass shields will be installed to make it easier to maintain six feet of distance between Team Members and Guests. Some restaurants may also install a plexiglass shield in the drive-thru window.
- New signage will provide a clear path for Guests to maintain social distancing guidelines while placing and picking up carry-out orders. Social distancing floor decals will be placed six feet apart along the walking path inside and outside of the restaurant building.
- Hand sanitizer stations for Guests will be placed inside the doors of restaurant dining rooms.
- Our Operators are conducting regular evaluations of these new measures within restaurants, along with enhanced protocols for daily self-health checks, wearing masks, frequent hand washing, social distancing and sanitization.
¿Usan guantes los Team Members de Chick-fil-A?
Restaurant Team Members have been instructed, regardless of glove use, to wash hands regularly (and every time they interact with cash) and to disinfect more frequently with provided Purell Wipes.
¿Llevan máscaras los Team Members de Chick-fil-A?
¿Qué está haciendo Chick-fil-A para implementar el distanciamiento social en los restaurantes?
Our team has been innovating new procedures to help restaurants nationwide remain vigilant about social distancing and limiting any physical contact with Guests during this time. Here are a few examples of changes we are making in restaurants:
- Installing front counter plexiglass shields in restaurants reopening for carry-out, and in some cases, in the drive-thru window.
- Developing guidelines for restaurant Team Members to keep a six-foot distance whenever possible
- Designating separate doorways for entering and exiting the restaurant in locations offering carry-out to reduce person-to-person contact
- Providing new signage and floor decals to create walking paths through the restaurants for Guests, with marks every six feet to encourage social distancing
- Revising to-go order and beverage service procedures to reduce contact between Team Members and Guests
- Closing condiment stations to eliminate the chance of multiple people touching the same surface
¿Cómo se asegura Chick-fil-A de que los alimentos estén protegidos y no expuestos a gérmenes potenciales?
For the time being, items like our signature Icedream and other menu items will be served in different packaging to limit contact.
We are implementing contactless meal delivery for food served through our drive-thru, carry-out and curbside.
Additionally, we are instituting contactless procedures and other measures with our delivery partners to minimize potential spread.
¿Cómo se asegura Chick-fil-A de que los Team Members del restaurante estén saludables cuando trabajan?
While coronavirus is not foodborne, actions we have taken over the past several years to go above-and-beyond FDA food safety requirements have helped us prepare for this type of scenario.
For example, an advanced food safety measure we began rolling out this year helps to ensure only healthy Team Members are working in Chick-fil-A restaurants. When clocking in for their shift, Team Members are prompted to review a list of symptoms, including those of COVID-19, and are advised to go home if they have symptoms or displayed any symptoms in the past 24 hours.
¿Cómo está Chick-fil-A apoyando a los Team Members que están enfermos relacionados con COVID-19?
¿Está Chick-fil-A ayudando a aquellos que han sido afectados por COVID-19?
¿Cómo hago un pedido en la Chick-fil-A App para recoger en el drive-thru?
Guests will choose their desired location, click “mobile order” and select “curbside” if available to place their orders. After entering their order, preferred payment method, and arriving at the restaurant Guests will follow signs for curbside parking and click “I’m here.” Their food will be delivered to the car, using contactless meal delivery practices.
¿Cómo hago un pedido para entrega?
¿Cómo hago un pedido de entrega a domicilio?
Chick-fil-A restaurants offer a variety of different delivery options, including delivery by Team Members from the Chick-fil-A restaurant, or through our national delivery partners, DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber Eats. Delivery options varies by location. Customers are encouraged to ask their local restaurant or visit chick-fil-a.com/delivery.
¿Qué precauciones adicionales están tomando para mis pedidos de Chick-fil-A con entrega a domicilio?
We are taking extra precautions in our restaurants and with our delivery orders, including:
- In our restaurants, all actions and processes are in accordance to or exceed CDC guidelines for increased handwashing, disinfectant and cleaning procedures.
- We proactively closed our restaurant dining rooms nationwide the week of March 16 to limit person-to-person contact.
- Our restaurants utilize three different types of cleaners that are on the EPA list of antimicrobial products for use against COVID-19, which are used multiple times per day.
- “Leave at the front door” is a delivery option across all platforms to limit person-to-person contact