- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 4
Spice up your chicken with this colorful salsa
Coming up with a creative dinner can be tricky, especially at the end of a busy day. But this recipe from Gena Knox, founder of the Athens, Ga.-based barbecue and grilling company Fire & Flavor, will have you ringing the dinner bell in less than an hour.
“One of the things I love about chicken is that it soaks up the flavors you pair it with,” Knox says. “A simple rub and chicken cooked to just the right temperature can create a delicious meal for your family.”
Knox’s grilled chicken with strawberry feta salsa is a refreshing summer go-to that adults and kids will enjoy.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (can substitute with fresh, water packed mozzarella)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- To prepare the salsa, combine strawberries, onion, lime juice, feta and oil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare the rub, combine cumin, chili powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with rub.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grill chicken for 6 minutes per side or until meat thermometer reads 165°F. Loosely cover chicken with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped avocado to salsa and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently. Top chicken with salsa and serve.