- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 4
Combined with Yukon Gold Potato Salad, makes a delicious combo
Sunshine and flowers, gingham blankets and picnic baskets – some things are just meant to go together. That’s why Chef Stuart Tracy at Chick-fil-A’s test kitchen decided to combine spring’s dynamic duo of sweetened iced tea and barbeque to create this sweet and savory dish. Paired nicely with a Yukon gold potato salad – and a glass of iced tea, of course – these barbeque chicken thighs are sure to receive any grill master’s stamp of approval.
Iced Tea Barbeque Chicken Thighs - (allow 1 hour for the chicken to brine)
- 16 oz. Chick-fil-A Iced Tea Sweetened
- 8 oz. water
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (this will yield a “medium” spice level sauce, so feel free to adjust this to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped scallions
Yukon Gold Potato Salad
- 3 small Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup store bought aioli
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
Pro tip: order our freshly brewed Chick-fil-A Iced Tea by the gallon to serve as the beverage for this meal. We hear it is the perfect drink pairing!
- Combine iced tea, water, onions, garlic, salt and chicken thighs in large plastic bag. Close bag and gently shake until everything is well combined. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare potato salad. Cook potatoes in simmering water until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain water and combine potatoes with aioli, lemon juice, parsley, bacon and celery.
- Remove chicken from brine. Put brine aside. Pat chicken dry.
- Place brine in a small pot with ketchup, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce by two-thirds, until about the thickness of maple syrup.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush the grates with a towel dipped in vegetable oil to minimize sticking. Add chicken thighs to grill and cook until well done (about 7 minutes per side).
- Glaze the cooked chicken with the finished sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve alongside the potato salad and enjoy!