We are continually making changes to prioritize safe service while providing the same level of hospitality, no matter how or where you dine with us. Here’s what you can expect.
At Chick-fil-A, we are focused on finding ways to best care for our guests, particularly as we navigate the unparalleled circumstances of COVID-19. As we incorporate social distancing into our daily routines, we are shifting the way we extend hospitality.
Amid rapid changes, our commitment remains constant to Safe Service: for the customers we serve through carry-out, drive-thru, curbside pick-up or delivery, the Team Members and delivery drivers who are serving in new ways, and all of the people working together in our local communities to help keep their neighbors safe.
Behind the scenes we are working with the CDC, local governments and health departments, our operations, delivery, mobile app, food safety and Customer CARES teams to constantly review the evolving situation and adapt to help protect the health of anyone who orders Chick-fil-A during this time. Here are some of the latest changes guests will experience:
Inside select restaurants:
• Front counter plexiglass shields will be installed to make it easier to maintain six feet of distance between Team Members and guests. Some restaurants may also install a plexiglass shield in the drive-thru window.
• New signage will provide a clear path for guests to maintain social distancing guidelines while placing and picking up carry-out orders. Social distancing floor decals will be placed six feet apart along the walking path inside and outside of the restaurant building.
• Hand sanitizer stations for guests will be placed inside restaurant dining rooms.
• Our Operators are conducting regular evaluations of these new measures within restaurants, along with enhanced protocols for daily Team Member health checks, wearing masks, frequent hand washing, contactless ordering, payment and meal delivery, social distancing and sanitization.
In the drive-thru:
While our restaurant dining rooms nationwide closed the week of March 16, our drive-thrus have remained open. Guests will notice several differences meant to keep them – and restaurant teams – out of harm’s way.
• Restaurants are following the evolving guidance from CDC, local, state and federal leaders and guests will now notice Team Members wearing face coverings while working.
• We are installing new outdoor handwashing stations to make it as easy as possible for Team Members working outside of the restaurant to wash their hands (the best prevention, according to the CDC) at least every 30 minutes, which goes above and beyond current guidelines. Team Members also regularly sanitize their hands with Purell Wipes.
• Our “face-to-face” drive-thru experience has become a signature service for our guests, and we are committed to continuing this in new ways that attempt to meet social distancing guidelines and incorporate limited contact ordering, payment and meal delivery procedures.
• Team Members are required to wear gloves and have been provided guidelines on safe glove use and the importance of frequent hand washing, even when using gloves. Team Members who handle transactions are wearing gloves and washing their hands every time they interact with cash.
• To limit person-to-person contact, guests are encouraged to utilize mobile ordering and mobile payment through the Chick-fil-A® App. Please understand that guests paying with credit or debit will be asked to swipe their own cards, and restaurants will no longer be offering the option to enter a credit card PIN or signed receipts at this time.
Getting Chick-fil-A delivered:
With more people staying inside due to coronavirus, there are several ways to order our Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, Chick-fil-A® Nuggets or a Family Meal without leaving home.
• At more than half of Chick-fil-A restaurants nationwide, our national delivery partners, DoorDash, Uber Eats and Grubhub are delivering our food. Each partner is also implementing options for limited contact or to have food left at the door.
• Select Chick-fil-A restaurants also offer delivery by Chick-fil-A Team Members through the Chick-fil-A App. The option will appear under “mobile orders” if it’s available in your area. Read our guide to delivery and contactless ordering, and visit chick-fil-a.com/delivery for more details.
We are reevaluating every aspect of our business to ensure we are taking every measure possible to prevent the spread of illness, including the way we package your meals.
• Delivery, curbside delivery and carry-out orders are served in tamper-evident packaging to ensure they have not been opened.
• For the time being, items like our signature Icedream®, Milkshakes and other menu items will be served in different packaging to limit contact.
Since its founding, Chick-fil-A has been rooted in a legacy of care. And that care, caution and attention to detail extends to the parts of our business guests do not see.
• When clocking in for their shifts at Chick-fil-A restaurants, Team Members are prompted to review a list of symptoms, including those of COVID-19, so they know not to clock-in, but to go home if experiencing symptoms, or if they have experienced symptoms in the past 24 hours. Team Members at Chick-fil-A owned and operated restaurants are provided paid sick leave for work missed due to COVID-19.
• We are also making thermometers available to our Operators for Team Members to be able to check their temperature before entering the restaurant.
• To help restaurant Team Members maintain six-feet separation from each other and guests whenever possible, restaurants have been equipped with visual diagrams with guidelines.
• For restaurant Team Members, cleaning and disinfection is a top priority. Chick-fil-A restaurants use at least two different EPA-approved disinfectants to disinfect point-of-sale systems and other high touch points at least every 30 minutes.
• And, we understand that this is a challenging time for our independent restaurant owner Operators, as it is for most businesses. We are offering them financial support to help offset the hardships due to the current crisis. This is an unparalleled time in our nation’s history, one which requires new and extraordinary measures. Please know that we are taking every precaution we can to keep our restaurants open to serve you and support our Operators and Team Members.
It is our pleasure to have served you over the years, and we continue to be here for you. While the ways we serve you may look different at the moment, your experience and well-being are as important to us now as ever. For more updates from Chick-fil-A, visit our coronavirus updates page.