From our Kitchen to Yours: Chick-fil-A Chef Christy’s Chocolate Chip Pie
Holiday preparations are in full swing, and for many of us that means a busy kitchen, as the holidays are often as food-focused as they are family-focused. “It’s not the holidays without something home-baked,” says Chef Christy Cook, a food technologist with Chick-fil-A.
We agree and, if you’re cooking up something sweet this holiday, now is the time to start organizing that grocery list. So we asked Chef Christy to share the recipe for her favorite holiday treat. A short grocery list – just 10 ingredients – is only part of the good news. The best part about Chef Christy’s Chocolate Chip Pie (other than the first bite) is that it’s a recipe any at-home cook can master and modify.
“I was about 8-years-old and remember taking a bite and marveling over the sweet and savory flavors and the textures of the chocolate and pecans. I had to know how she made it so I could make it myself.”–Chef Christy Cook
“This is my grandmother’s recipe, and one of the first recipes I can remember requesting from another person,” Chef Christy said. “I was about 8-years-old and remember taking a bite and marveling over the sweet and savory flavors and the textures of the chocolate and pecans. I had to know how she made it so I could make it myself….As I look back, it was a perfect recipe to learn with – it’s very forgiving and can be modified with other types of nuts, chocolate and even dried fruit.”
For more inspiration from the Chick-fil-A Chefs, check out the Chick-fil-A Chef Gift Guide for the foodie in your family.
- ½ cup butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie crust (Chef Christy’s tip: It’s fine to use a store-bought pie crust, but make sure it’s deep dish.)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of a mixer (or by hand), cream butter, sugar, corn syrup, eggs, salt & vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans & chocolate chips. Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust. Place pie on baking sheet to avoid any spilling in the oven. Bake for 1 hour or until center of pie is set. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.