Recipe: Chicken Pasta Picnic Salad
- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 6
Ingredients (Pasta Salad):
- 8 ounces dry pasta, such as fusilli, shells or orecchiette
- 12 grilled Chick-fil-A® Grilled Nuggets or 2-3 grilled chicken breasts, sliced or cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups broccoli florets, lightly blanched
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, washed and halved
- ¾ cup pitted, sliced Kalamata olives (or pitted olive of your choice)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- French Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Ingredients (French Vinaigrette):
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian Parsley
- In a medium bowl place the vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady pour. Add parsley and stir to evenly combine to make French vinaigrette.
- Using a stockpot or pasta pot, cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl. While pasta is warm, add vinaigrette and toss. The pasta will soak up the flavors as it cools.
- Add chicken, broccoli, halved tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Toss and then cover to refrigerate. To serve, stir pasta and garnish with green onions.