Recipe: Eggplant Mushroom Compote
Print Recipe Card
- 6 Mini Whole Wheat Pitas
- 2 oz mushrooms
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 & ½ cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Roast the eggplants in oven for about 20 minutes until skin is shriveled and eggplants softened.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and saute mushrooms with the garlic over medium heat.
- Slice the eggplant and add with white wine into oil.
- Continue to saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce to bring simmer.
- Open up pitas and top with eggplant and mushroom compote and spoon on yogurt.
- Toast in oven until crisp.
- Serve with fresh mint.
What type of order would you like to place?