In our kitchens, we focus on fresh and simple ingredients. We always have.
Fresh and thoughtfully prepared: It’s our philosophy of food. Since the beginning, we’ve been hand preparing delicious food in our kitchens because, well, it’s how we’ve always done it.
We’re all about chicken:
What does the “A” in Chick-fil-A stand for?
Grade A quality
We use 100 percent whole breast meat with no added fillers or hormones, and since May 2019, with No Antibiotics – Ever.
Our Original Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich recipe was created by our Founder Truett Cathy, and it hasn’t changed in more than 50 years. How do we make a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich?
In our own kitchens:
- We dip the chicken in a milk-and-egg wash (just like Truett’s mom taught him as a boy).
- Then, we bread it by hand.
- Finally, we pressure cook the chicken in 100%, fully refined peanut oil for a juicy flavor.
Our pickles? They are sliced from cucumbers, then soaked for three full days before they are shipped to our restaurants.
Say “hello” to our salads:
- Our salads are made of whole vegetables and fruit that are delivered fresh to the restaurant and hand-chopped throughout the day. No iceberg here, just mixed greens.
- Our salads and wraps are made fresh throughout the day.
Life handed us (actual) lemons:
- Our Lemonade is made from only the necessary ingredients: Water. Sugar (or Splenda for Diet Lemonade). And of course, lemons.
- We are one of the largest U.S. purchasers of Sunkist® lemons.
- Our Lemonade is a great source of vitamin C.
- We make 6.5 million gallons of Lemonade each year!
- It takes 1,000 farmers, 60,000 lemon trees and 30,000 farm workers to help grow the lemons for our Lemonade.
- In 2018, Chick-fil-A restaurants squeezed about 3 million lemons, an average of 1,500 lemons per restaurant per day.
Visit your closest Chick-fil-A for a hand-prepared, delicious meal!