In our kitchens, we focus on fresh and simple ingredients. We always have.
Fresh and thoughtfully prepared: It’s our philosophy of food. Since the beginning, we’ve been hand preparing delicious food in our kitchens because, well, it’s how we’ve always done it.
We’re All About Chicken:
What does the “A” in Chick-fil-A stand for?
- Grade A quality
We use 100 percent whole breast meat with no added fillers or hormones, and since May 2019, with No Antibiotics – Ever.
Our Chicken Sandwich recipe was created by our Founder Truett Cathy, and it hasn’t changed in more than 50 years. How do we make a Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich?
In Our Own Kitchens:
- We dip the chicken in a milk-and-egg wash (just like Truett’s mom taught him as a boy).
- Then, we bread it by hand.
- Finally, we pressure cook the chicken in 100 percent, fully refined peanut oil for a juicy flavor.
Our pickles? They are sliced from cucumbers, then soaked for three full days before they are shipped to our restaurants.
Say “Hello” to Our Salads:
- Our salads are made of whole vegetables and fruit that are delivered fresh to the restaurant and hand-chopped throughout the day. No iceberg here, just mixed greens.
- Our salads and wraps are made fresh throughout the day.
- The Broccolini® in our Superfood Side comes from Salinas, California, also known as the “salad bowl of the world.” It’s grown by Mann’s, the only supplier of Broccolini® in the United States.
Life Handed Us (Actual) Lemons:
- Our lemonade is made from only the necessary ingredients: Water. Sugar. And of course, lemons.
- We are the largest U.S. purchaser of Sunkist® lemons.
- Our lemonade is a great source of vitamin C – 45 percent of your daily intake to be exact.
- We make 6.5 million gallons of lemonade each year!
- It takes 1,000 farmers, 60,000 lemon trees and 30,000 farm workers to help grow the lemons for our lemonade.
- In 2018, Chick-fil-A® restaurants squeezed about 3 million lemons, an average of 1,500 lemons per restaurant per day.