Our favorite vegetarian-friendly menu options for every meal!
Getting a balanced meal as a vegetarian can be tough. You’re focused on fueling your body with the right mix of fruits, vegetables and grains as well as getting enough protein. Eating out can provide a particular challenge.
Although we’re known for our chicken, it doesn’t mean that’s all we have on the menu. Whether you like to eat lean and green or are turning to Chick-fil-A for a #cheatday, you’ve got plenty of tasty options morning, noon and night!
Take it from Kathie Staska, a manager at the Vista Gardens restaurant in Bowie, Maryland. A vegetarian herself, she’s thrilled to help fellow customers in search of veggie options .
“Some people ask me, ‘Why are you here?’” Staska says. “I’m in this for the customer service, so I love to help other vegetarians order from our menu.”
A fan of the salads, she recommends holding the meat and trying each salad for the many vegetarian-friendly toppings.
In Maryland, customer Gina DeNiro started eating at Chick-fil-A regularly 15 years ago, before she became a vegetarian. After making the lifestyle change, she ordered a Chick-fil-A® Deluxe Sandwich, “without the chicken,” she recalls.
“I thought they’d say no, but they didn’t mind. I ate it, and it was fantastic!” She now pairs it with a Side Salad.
Note: Most of our menu items are handcrafted in our restaurant kitchens and we do not designate vegetarian-only preparation surfaces. Find more detailed information about our nutrition, ingredients and allergens in the Allergens Guide.
Consider this your very own Veg-fil-A menu:
• If you’re looking for something with whole wheat, our multigrain English muffin has fans from coast to coast. Add jelly or cheese for extra flavor.
Lunch and Dinner:
• Any of our salads can be ordered without chicken. Just tell the Team Member taking your order you’d like the “salad base” when you order your Market Salad, Cobb Salad or Spicy Southwest Salad. These salads are packed with flavor. The Spicy Southwest Salad includes corn and black beans, a Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese blend and pepitas to keep your taste buds happy and fuel you for whatever the day brings.
• Our famous Waffle Fries® have a huge following (they’re the most ordered item on the menu!), and rightly so. They are made from real potatoes grown in Washington State. There may be debate about which dipping sauce is the greatest, but there’s no doubt that Waffle Fries are the perfect snack for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
• The Kale Crunch Side is a blend of curly kale and green cabbage tossed with an apple cider and Dijon mustard vinaigrette and topped with salted, crunchy roasted almonds. It packs a tasty punch that is sure to add some superpower to your day!
• Select restaurants may also offer the Southwest Veggie Wrap, which features a robust portion of tomatoes, poblano chiles, red bell peppers, roasted corn and black beans combined with lettuce and a blend of shredded cheeses, all rolled in a flaxseed flat bread. It’s made fresh daily and pairs great with our Creamy Salsa dressing. Check the Chick-fil-A App or your local restaurant to see if this option is offered!
• Treats: All our milkshakes and sweet treats are vegetarian-friendly, making them the best way to satisfy that sweet tooth after your meat-free meal. And if you need a caffeine-boost, try our Frosted Coffee, a mix of our cold-brew iced coffee and signature Icedream®.
Head to your closest Chick-fil-A to order your own vegetarian-friendly meal any day (except Sunday!).