Here’s the skinny on meals that won’t derail your eating plan
Diet fads come and go, but the low-carb craze clearly has some staying power. As people are continuing to search for ways to trim their starches, eating on-the-go can often prove to be a carb conundrum.
For anyone counting carbs – have no fear. There are plenty of options that will help keep your carb count low, without sacrificing flavor -- and salads aren’t your only option.
“There are days when I want an original Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich and waffle fries,” says Amanda Norris, senior director of menu development at Chick-fil-A. “But most days, I order grilled chicken nuggets and a Superfood Side to make sure I stay on track.”
Consider ordering off the menu to keep the carbs under control. Ditch the bun and ask for your sandwich to come wrapped in fresh green leaf lettuce instead. Salad lovers can customize any leafy green entrée to be served with a grilled filet or even grilled nuggets (so your salad can come bite-sized for added convenience!).
Here are our other favorite low-carb meals for the carb-conscious guest:
Breakfast can be tricky for low-carb lovers, but thankfully there are options. Pair your breakfast with sustainably sourced THRIVE Farmers Coffee (0 grams carbs). Get it hot or iced with no added sweeteners.
- Grilled Chick-fil-A breakfast filet served without the biscuit for 0 grams of carbs (or stick to the Original Chick-fil-A breakfast filet for 9 grams of carbs)
- Greek Yogurt Parfait (made by fairlife Farms) with fruit but without granola or cookie topping (19 grams carbs)
- An order of scrambled eggs (1 gram carbs)
Lunch or Dinner
These tasty options will fill you up, while staying carb-conscious. Pair your meal with diet lemonade, unsweet tea, diet soda or a cold bottled water.
- Grilled Nuggets, 12 Count (3 grams carbs) with a side salad (6 grams carbs) or small Superfood Side (18 grams carbs)
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets, 8 Count (9 grams carbs) with a side salad (6 grams carbs)
- Lettuce-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Sandwich (without the bun) (6 grams carbs) with a Side Salad (6 grams carbs)
- Grilled Market Salad (15 grams carbs) with Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs) or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
- Cobb Salad (14 grams carbs) with Grilled Nuggets and Creamy Salsa (3 grams carbs), Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs) or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
Sauces and Dressings
You can still spice things up while living a low-carb lifestyle!
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce (1 gram carb)
- Garlic & Herb Ranch Sauce (1 gram carb)
- Garlic & Herb Ranch Dressing (2 grams carbs)
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
- Creamy Salsa (3 grams carbs)
- Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs)
- Jalapeño Salsa (2 grams carbs)