Here’s the skinny for when you are counting carbs.
Diet fads come and go, but the low-carb craze clearly has some staying power. As people are continuing to search for ways to trim their starch intake, eating on-the-go can often prove to be a carb conundrum.
For anyone counting carbs – have no fear. There are plenty of low-carb options at Chick-fil-A that won’t sacrifice flavor, and salads aren’t your only option.
“There are days when I want an original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich,” says Amanda Norris, senior director of menu development at Chick-fil-A. “But most days, I order Grilled Chicken Nuggets to make sure I stay on track with my carbs.”
Chick-fil-A makes it easier to keep the carbs under control. Ditch the bread and enjoy a breakfast or sandwich chicken filet without the added carbs of a bun, muffin or biscuit. Salad lovers can customize any leafy green entrée to be served with Grilled Chicken instead.
Here are our favorite low-carb Chick-fil-A meals for the carb-conscious guest:
Breakfast can be tricky for low-carb lovers, but thankfully there are options. No matter your entrée, pair your breakfast with THRIVE Farmers Coffee (0 grams carbs). Get it hot or iced with no added sweeteners.
- Grilled Chick-fil-A breakfast filet for 0 grams of carbs (or stick to the Original Chick-fil-A breakfast filet for 9 grams of carbs)
- Our Hash Brown Scramble Bowl can be ordered with a Grilled Filet and no hash browns, giving you a delicious meal of Grilled Chicken and scrambled eggs for 1 gram of carbs.
Lunch or Dinner
These tasty options will fill you up, while staying carb-conscious. Pair your meal with diet lemonade, unsweet tea, diet soda or a cold bottled water.
- Grilled Nuggets, 12 Count (3 grams carbs) with a side salad (6 grams carbs)
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets, 8 Count (9 grams carbs) with a side salad (6 grams carbs)
- Grilled Market Salad (16 grams carbs) without the Granola topping and with Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs) or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
- Cobb Salad (16 grams carbs) with Grilled Nuggets and omitting the packet of Crispy Bell Peppers – add Creamy Salsa (3 grams carbs), Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs) or Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
You can still spice things up while living a low-carb lifestyle!
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce (1 gram carb)
- Garden Ranch Sauce (1 gram carb)
- Garden Ranch Dressing (2 grams carbs)
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams carbs)
- Creamy Salsa (3 grams carbs)
- Light Italian Dressing (3 grams carbs)
Head to your closest Chick-fil-A for your next low-carb meal!