Terms & Conditions
Chick-fil-A, Inc. Terms and Conditions
Please Read These Terms and Conditions of Use Carefully Before Downloading, Accessing, or Using any CFA Online Services
Your use of the CFA Online Services is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with the CFA Online Services in any way, its programs, offers, contents, features, or these Terms and Conditions of Use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the CFA Online Services.
Modifications to These Terms and Conditions of Use
We reserve the right at any time to update, change, modify, or revise these Terms and Conditions of Use. Any changes will become effective upon posting to the CFA Online Services, along with the date on which it was most recently updated as indicated by the "Last Updated" section at the end of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Your continued access to or use of the CFA Online Services and its programs and offers after any such changes indicates your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use as modified. It is your responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions of Use regularly for updates.
Use of CFA Online Services
The CFA Online Services and all content, information, and other materials featured, displayed, contained, and available on the CFA Online Services, including, but not limited to, all text, images, graphics, designs, illustrations, photographs, pictures, audio, software, and video clips, the “look and feel”, pages, screens, content arrangement, and computer programs (collectively, "Materials") are owned by or licensed to Chick-fil-A and its Affiliates and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws under the United States and foreign laws. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, display, and download the CFA Online Services for noncommercial purposes only. You may view, display, copy, download, and print the Materials solely for your own personal, noncommercial use. All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials must be retained on all copies thereof. You may not, in any way, otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or exploit, in whole or in part, the CFA Online Services or its Materials. Except as expressly provided herein, we do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret information.
You agree to abide by all additional terms, conditions, and restrictions included within the CFA Online Services, the Materials, and/or the programs, features, and services.
Chick-fil-A may at any time, for any reason, and without notice or liability: (1) modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or access to any CFA Online Service, or any portion thereof; (2) change, revise, or modify the CFA Online Services, the Materials, or any portion thereof; (3) interrupt the operation of the CFA Online Services, or any portion thereof, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or for any other purposes; (4) impose limits on certain programs, feature s, and services, or restrict your access to the CFA Online Services, in whole or in part ; and/or (5) terminate the authorization, rights, and license given above, upon which you shall immediately destroy all Materials.
You agree to use the CFA Online Services, the Materials, and the programs, features and services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use and all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to:
modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the CFA Online Services or the Materials;
use the CFA Online Services or any Materials, features, or services for any unlawful, fraudulent, or malicious purposes, or to solicit any such activity;
attempt to gain unauthorized access to any accounts, features, systems, or networks through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
use the CFA Online Services or any feature in any way that could disrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or its systems, servers, or networks;
frame or mirror any portion or feature of the CFA Online Services;
use the CFA Online Services or any feature for advertisements, chain letters, spamming, junk mail, solicitations, or any other commercial purposes;
use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, or other automatic device, program, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to: (1) access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the CFA Online Services or the Materials; (2) reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the CFA Online Services or the Materials; (3) obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the CFA Online Services;
use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the CFA Online Services or with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the CFA Online Services;
transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, time bombs, cancel-bots, corrupted files, or other items of a destructive nature;
circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or authentication measures implemented by or on behalf of Chick-fil-A;
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers;
post, transmit, submit, or include any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable content, material, or information of any kind, or any content, material, or information that may give rise to criminal or civil liability;
submit or post any false or misleading information; and/or
violate, infringe, or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights of Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, or any other person or entity.
We reserve the right to prohibit access, use, conduct, communications, or content that we, in our sole discretion, deem to be harmful to the CFA Online Services, the Materials, users, us, our brand, or any other person or entity, or that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use and/or applicable law.
We may, but shall not be obligated to, in our sole discretion, post any Submission on the CFA Online Services and identify you as the submitting party. We may, without notice to you, refuse or edit Submissions for any reason or no reason, including those Submissions that violate these Terms and Conditions of Use, are irrelevant or inappropriate, or represent us in a negative way or in any manner not consistent with our brand and/or reputation, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
You agree that any statements that you make about us or any of our products, services, or programs in any Submission that you make accurately reflect your personal beliefs and experiences with us and our products and services, and that any opinions submitted are true to the best of your knowledge.
You are fully responsible for your Submissions. You agree that your Submissions comply in all respects with these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not be made on behalf of any person or entity without their prior written consent. You may not include any content (e.g., text, photos, images, quotes, logos, etc.) that is the property of another (e.g., protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights), unless you have express, written permission to do so.
Programs and Promotions
Chick-fil-A One Offers Program
The Chick-fil-A One Offers program is operated by Chick-fil-A and subject to the following additional terms and conditions (the “One Offers Terms”).
Eligibility. Chick-fil-A One Offers (“Offers are limited to persons residing in the United States who are eligible to use the CFA Online Services and who download the Chick-fil-A Mobile App (the “App and sign-up for a Chick-fil-A One account. You must be at least 13 years of age to redeem Offers in the Chick-fil-A One Offers program. Some activities may only be available to those who are at least 18 years or age. Chick-fil-A One accounts are limited to one individual per account. Offers are valid only at participating Chick-fil-A restaurants. To signup for a Chick-fil-A One account, download the App to your AndroidTM or iPhone® device and follow the prompts to access account sign-up and/or sign-in page in the App. You can also sign up by following the prompts at www.one.chick-fil-a.com orby creating an online account (i.e. Cow Calendar, Kids Club, etc.). (Note: In order to receive Chick-fil-A One Offers, you must download the app and redeem using the QR Code included in the app. See below for details) You will be required to provide the requested information, including, but not limited to, user name, password, name, and e-mail address. Chick-fil-A may periodically request additional information to help us get to know you better. You agree to provide true and accurate information and to ensure that information provided by you is up-to-date and accurate. Communications with you will be made using contact information most recently provided by you. Chick-fil-A is not responsible for your inability to receive or redeem Offers or other loss arising from your failure to provide and maintain accurate contact information.
Chick-fil-A and participating Chick-fil-A restaurants may send messages from time to time using the contact information provided by you. Such messages may include system updates, flash bulletins, Offer confirmations, administrative announcements, special requests and the like and may be sent via notifications in the App, via e-mail, regular mail, or communicated to you on a receipt or display at the time of use of an your One account.
Your participation in any Offer is personal and non-transferable. Offer status and/or individual Offer may not be purchased, sold, bartered, brokered or otherwise transferred. There are no membership fees associated with Chick-fil-A One Offers. Offers made via Chick-fil-A One are purely promotional offers. You agree that no portion of your payment for purchases qualifying for any Offer constitutes consideration paid for any Offer.
Offers The CFA One Offers are issued on a periodic basis. They are referred to as ‘treats’ in the App but may appear with different descriptions from time to time. Upon signing up, you will receive notice via the Chick-fil-A One account of your current Offer. Once you activate a Chick-fil-A One account, you progress towards an Offer and are eligible to receive special offers, from time to time. The number, type and frequency of Offers are based on a number of factors, each of which are subject to change, without notice. Those factors may include, without limitation, volume and type of purchases at participating Chick-fil-A restaurants, number of visits and frequency of visits to participating Chick-fil-A restaurants, interaction with other Chick-fil-A applications or promotions; or special offers made directly by Chick-fil-A Operators or Chick-fil-A which may include ways to progress toward your next Offer via a special promotion. For Offers that are based on purchases, the following types of purchases at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant qualify: (1) placing and completing an Mobile order for a qualifying purchase through the App; (2) using your Digital Gift Cardvia in-app QR Code from the App to complete a purchase or transaction at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant; (3) logging into your Chick-fil-A One account online and making an online purchase at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant; and (4) or completing a transaction at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant and scanning the digital code linking to your Chick-fil-A One account at checkout.
You must use the App or if placing an online order, be signed in to your Chick-fil-A One account, to complete the qualifying purchase or activity in order for that purchase or activity to count towards your progress to the next qualifying Offer. Benefits applied from any single qualifying purchase or activity may only be credited to one (1) Chick-fil-A One account. The qualifying purchase or activity will be applied to your One account after completion of the qualifying purchase or activity. In certain cases, it may take twenty-four (24) hours or more to be credited. Chick-fil-A shall not be responsible for, or liable to, you, or any person or entity, in any way for any losses, costs or expenses incurred by a delay, error or omission in crediting a qualifying purchase or activity to your One account.
Offers are promotional offers and may have certain restrictions including expiration dates and short, time-limited redemption periods. For free drink or food Offers, some restrictions apply and items are subject to availability at participating Chick-fil-A restaurants. All Offers must be redeemed prior to the stated expiration date to be valid. It is your responsibility to check your One account periodically for Offers and use the Offers prior to the stated expiration date.
Activities which allow progress towards Offers do not count towards and may not be combined with other programs. Activities tied to specific Offers must be fully completed and will only result in one Offer, regardless of the number of times the activity is performed. Chick-fil-A reserves the right to change, modify or update these Offers and the qualifying purchases and activities to progress to an Offer from time to time without notice. Certain purchases and transactions do not qualify, including, without limitation: (i) purchases of Chick-fil-A gift cards or gift certificates; (ii) purchases or transactions made using an Offer or other promotional item (such as a Be Our Guest card); or (iii) catering purchases made as a guest (e.g. made while not signed in to your Chick-fil-A One account), whether made in-store, online or through the App. Chick-fil-A is under no obligation to provide you with any particular number of Offer opportunities or special offers. Chick-fil-A reserves the right to limit enrollment at any time.
Special Offers Chick-fil-A and participating Chick-fil-A restaurants, in their sole and absolute discretion, may periodically offer the opportunity for additional Offers on particular transactions or special offers (“Special Offers Special Offers may also be distributed to you via the App or via e-mail or mail from time to time (based on the information you have in your One account). Special Offers may include periodic promotional offers on food, beverages and merchandise. You must have your App set to receive notifications and/or have opted-in to receive email communications in order to receive promotional and marketing offers. Special Offers may be customized based on your qualifying purchases and preferences. In certain events, Special Offers may require that you have location settings enabled for them to be distributed to your App. Please note that Chick-fil-A and participating Chick-fil-A restaurants may be unable to send these Special Offers to you if you have turned off your notifications or location settings in the App; ifyou have elected not to receive email communications from Chick-fil-A; or if you have poor network connectivity. Special Offers may have certain restrictions including expiration dates and short, time-limited redemption periods. Special Offers are personal to you and cannot be shared, copied or transferred. You may be required to present your Chick-fil-A One account information at the participating Chick-fil-A restaurant in order to redeem Special Offers. Read each offer carefully for specific details, limitations and restrictions.
Redeeming Offers To redeem an Offer, you must present the valid Offer in the App at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant (for in-person transactions) or be logged into your Chick-fil-A One account (for in App transactions). Offers are subject to availability and limitations as may be imposed by Chick-fil-A. Determinations regarding redemption of Offers are subject to the discretion of the participating Chick-fil-A restaurant. Only one Offer may be redeemed per transaction.
Once redeemed, the Offer will be indicated as redeemed in your Chick-fil-A One account. Updates to the status of Offers may take 24-48 hours or more to show up in your account. A list of current Offers and redeemed and expired Offers are available under your Chick-fil-A One account. Offers have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash, gift certificates or gift cards. Offers are promotional and do not constitute property of any Chick-fil-A One account holder. Chick-fil-A reserves the right to limit the redemption of specific Offers and limit the number of Offers available. Chick-fil-A reserves the right to modify the number of qualifying purchases or transactions needed to receivespecific Offers.
Cancellation; Termination You may opt-out of Chick-fil-A One Offers at any time, for any reason by cancelling your Chick-fil-A One account by calling Chick-fil-A CARES (1-866-232-2040). If you cancel your One account, any unredeemed Offers and/or progress towards other Offers will automatically expire and will no longer be available for redemption. If you re-enroll at any time, you will start at the introductory Offers level as applicable.
Upon cancellation, your One account shall immediately cease and you may no longer receiveOffers or receive Chick-fil-A One benefits. Chick-fil-A has no obligation to refund you for any unredeemed Offers or benefits following cancellation. Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Chick-fil-A reserves the right to suspend or terminate, at Chick-fil-A’s sole and absolute discretion, any One account if Chick-fil-A believes that the account holder has abused Chick-fil-A One Offers privileges, has violated or acted inconsistently with these One Offers Terms or applicable law or acted in a manner harmful to our interests. Chick-fil-A further reserves the right to terminate a Chick-fil-A One account that has been inactive for a period of three (3) years or more. You understand and agree that termination by Chick-fil-A of a One account will result in in the cancellation of all Offers associated with that account and the inability to earn and/or redeem further Offers.
Chick-fil-A reserves the right to terminate Chick-fil-A One Offers Program, or any or all benefits under Chick-fil-A One Offers, at any time, for any reason. In the event Chick-fil-A elects to terminate Chick-fil-A One Offers, Chick-fil-A will provide a notice of termination in accordance with these Terms, as they may be modified or amended from time to time. In the event of such termination, at Chick-fil-A’s election, Chick-fil-A may allow you to redeem any outstanding valid and unexpired Offers at a participating Chick-fil-A restaurant until expiration of such Offers. ANY UNREDEEMED AND UNEXPIRED OFFERS SHALL BE CANCELLED AT THE LATER OF (1) THE EXPIRATION OF THE THEN-CURRENT OFFERS OR (2) NINETY (90) DAYS AFTER Chick-fil-A ONE OFFERS PROGRAM TERMINATION.
General Restrictions Chick-fil-A shall be the sole arbiter in cases of suspected abuse, fraud, or violation of its One Offers Terms and any decision it makes relating to termination or disabling of Chick-fil-A One Offers program (including, but not limited to, cancellation of Offers) shall be final and binding. Should you object to any of these One Offers Terms, or any subsequent modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with Chick-fil-A One Offers, your sole remedy is to discontinue participation in Chick-fil-A One Offers programs and properly cancel your account in the manner provided above.
Copyright Infringement Notification
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. Copyright Law. If you believe in good faith that Materials available on the CFA Online Services infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) should send us a notice requesting that we remove the Material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly submitted a notice to us under this paragraph, then you should send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details.
If you believe that your work has been improperly copied and posted on the CFA Online Services, then please provide us with the following information: (1) name, address, telephone number, email address, and an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on his or her behalf; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) the applicable CFA Online Service and a description of where the Material that you claim is infringing is located within such CFA Online Service; (4) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. These requirements must be followed to give us legally sufficient notice of infringement.
Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
ATTN: Marketing - DMCA Manager
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
DMCA details are available at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Please be aware that there may be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Login and Registration
Certain programs, offers, features, or services offered on or through the CFA Online Services may require you to complete a registration process and/or setup an account or login. In connection therewith, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself, and (2) maintain and promptly update your information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your login, including your password. You agree to notify Chick-fil-A immediately of any unauthorized use of your login, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by Chick-fil-A or any other CFA Online Service user or visitor due to someone else using your login as a result of your failing to keep your login information secure and confidential.
You may not use anyone else’s login at any time without their express written permission. Chick-fil-A shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
In order to use CFA Online Services made available through a mobile application ("Mobile App") you must have a compatible mobile device; Chick-fil-A does not warrant that the Mobile App will be compatible with your mobile device.
The Mobile App may automatically download and install updates from time to time or require the downloading and installation of updates or new versions for continued use. You acknowledge that in some instances updates and/or new versions may reduce or remove features and functionality in prior versions of the Mobile App.
Links To Third Party Sites and Social Media Pages
The CFA Online Services may contain links to other third-party websites, including the franchised operators of Chick-fil-A Restaurant businesses ("Operators"), and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare (all links to third-party websites and social medial platforms are collectively referred to herein as "Linked Sites"). Linked Sites are provided only for your convenience. If you decide to visit any Linked Site, you do so at your own risk. Chick-fil-A and its Affiliates have no responsibility or liability for any Linked Sites, or the content, policies, or actions thereof. If you choose to purchase any product or service from a Linked Site (including, without limitation, from an Operator Linked Site), your relationship is with that third party. You agree that we are not responsible for the quality of third-party products or services, or fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including, but not limited to, the delivery of products and services and warranty obligations related to products and services. Links do not imply that we sponsor, endorse, are affiliated with or associated with, or are legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol, or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such Linked Site.
Trademark Information and Ownership of Intellectual Property
Chick-fil-A® and Eat Mor Chikin® are registered trademarks and service marks of CFA Properties, Inc. ("CFA Properties") in the United States and other countries. Chick-fil-A is a licensee of Chick-fil-A Properties. The absence of a trademark notice or legend indicating the registration or ownership by CFA Properties anywhere in the text of the CFA Online Services does not constitute a waiver of CFA Properties’ trademark or other intellectual property rights concerning that trademark or service mark used or referenced on the CFA Online Services.
The CFA Online Services, the Materials, and the trademarks, logos, service marks, and all other source identifying indicia displayed on the CFA Online Services(collectively, the "Chick-fil-A Intellectual Property") are owned by or licensed to CFA Properties, Chick-fil-A, or others with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. We do not permit third parties to use Chick-fil-A Intellectual Property in any manner, including advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service, in association with contests or promotions, or for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without our prior express written permission.
Nothing contained on the CFA Online Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use Chick-fil-A Intellectual Property without our prior express written permission. You are strictly prohibited from using any Chick-fil-A Intellectual Property except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions of Use. You are also advised that CFA Properties and/or its licensee(s) will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
When you visit the CFA Online Services or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the CFA Online Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You further agree that any notices provided by us electronically are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any such electronic communication as described in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Chick-fil-A makes no representations or warranties regarding the CFA Online Services and the Materials.
WE DO NO WARRANT THAT THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USE OF THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS, PROGRAMS, OFFERS, FEATURES, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED THEREFROM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS TO ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS, PROGRAMS, OFFERS, FEATURES, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, PARTNERS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OR THE LIKE (“PROVIDERS”) IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS, PROGRAMS, OFFERS, FEATURES, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS, OR DATA) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS, PROGRAMS, OFFERS, FEATURES, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CFA ONLINE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, its Providers, and its and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (1) your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use; and/or (2) your activities in connection with the CFA Online Services, and the Materials, programs, offers, features, and services made available through the CFA Online Services.
International Users and Choice of Law
No Agency Relationship
Neither these Terms and Conditions of Use, nor any Materials, programs, offers, features, or services of the CFA Online Services, create any partnership, joint venture, employment, or other agency relationship between Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, and you. You may not enter into any contract on our behalf or bind us in any way.
Violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use and Remedies
You agree that Chick-fil-A may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, block and/or terminate your access to any or all of the CFA Online Services if we determine that you have violated these Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements or guidelines that may be associated therewith. You also agree that any violation, or threatened violation, by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use constitutes an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable and unquantifiable harm to Chick-fil-A. You also agree that monetary damages would be inadequate for such harm and consent to our obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that we deem necessary or appropriate. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity.
If Chick-fil-A takes legal action against you as a result of your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, we will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of such action, in addition to any other relief granted to Chick-fil-A. You agree that Chick-fil-A will not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to the CFA Online Services as a result of any violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Entire Agreement, Claims Limitations, and Severability
If you have any questions about CFA Online Services or these Terms and Conditions of Use, or to report violations of these Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact us at:
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
1-866-CFA-2040 or 1-866-232-2040
Terms and Conditions of Use last updated on May 31, 2016.
Copyright © 2016 Chick-fil-A, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Chick-fil-A Franchise System
Chick-fil-A and its third-party service providers collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information you provide directly to us, and information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third-party service providers collect information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services;
- contact or communicate with us;
- create an account with us;
- request information from us;
- register for any event or program, and/or participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, "Promotions");
- begin or complete the application process a franchise opportunity, or for employment by Chick-fil-A, Inc;
- access or use Chick-fil-A pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare ("Social Media Pages");
- sign-up for communications (e.g., Email Insiders, Text Insiders, or social media notifications) from us;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and CFA Online Services.
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which information may include your:
- telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- email addresses;
- date of birth and/or age;
- demographic information; and/or
- financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers).
We do not require you to provide any information related to your racial origin, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation.
We and our third-party service providers may also collect information, including Personal Information, relating to your purchases from Chick-fil-A and its Franchised Operators and Licensees, such as the authorization code of the transaction, payment method, the date and time of the transaction, items purchased, and the purchase price ("Transaction Data").
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use Traffic Data, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain information from you when you use CFA Online Services. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- pages you view within CFA Online Services;
- websites you visited before coming to CFA Online Services;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. CFA Online Services automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser (collectively, "Traffic Data") for our marketing purposes and to manage and improve CFA Online Services.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx;
- For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies;
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677; and/or
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our CFA Online Services or programs, features, and services made available through any of CFA Online Services.
Web Beacons. Certain pages on CFA Online Services and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on CFA Online Services and Social Media Pages ("Web Beacons"). We may also include Web Beacons in e-mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such information. Please refer to the "Help" menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
Other Technologies. We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies. For example, if permitted by applicable law, we may collect "referrers" and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information the web browser passes along to our or our third-party service provider web servers, which refers to the URL from which you accessed CFA Online Services. Environmental variables may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed CFA Online Services or Social Media Pages, the type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit CFA Online Services or Social Media Pages, the names of the web pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website you visit next. These environmental variables are collected by most websites. We use these technologies for marketing purposes and to optimize user's experience with CFA Online Services.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"), on certain CFA Online Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you visit CFA Online Services, what pages you visit within CFA Online Services, and what other sites you visited prior to coming to the applicable CFA Online Service. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve CFA Online Services. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google provides users more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics by developing an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this Add-on, no information is being sent to Google Analytics.
California's Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, CFA Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not, however, currently track your Personal Information over time and across third-party websites.
Chick-fil-A does not allow third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use CFA Online Services for such third party use. We do use third party web analytics services on CFA Online Services, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include Personal Information other than your IP address.
In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
If you utilize any of the location-based services in our mobile applications, such as Find a Restaurant, we and our third-party service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
We use your information that we collect, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you;
- processing payments;
- communicating with you regarding our restaurants, products, services, events, Promotions, other offers;
- tailoring our products, services, Promotions, communications, and CFA Online Services, and advertisements to your interests;
- creating and managing your accounts with us (e.g., E-mail Insiders, Text Insiders, online registration for events, online ordering, mobile payments, etc.);
- administering our Promotions and other offers;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
- improving and customizing our products, services, Promotions, and CFA Online Services;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products, services, and Promotions;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business and CFA Online Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of CFA Online Services and Social Media Pages, payment processing, online and mobile application ordering, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, and marketing research and analysis;
- with our Franchised Operators and Licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, Franchised Operators and Licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
The Chick-fil-A Franchise System
Franchise Legal Notices
The information contained in this website is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. As explained below, any offer to sell a franchise by Chick-fil-A, Inc. (“Chick-fil-A”) will be made only after individuals have completed a Chick-fil-A Operator application and qualified to receive a Franchise Disclosure Document. Other qualifications will apply in determining whether you will be offered a Chick-fil-A franchise.
Through this website, you can submit to Chick-fil-A an Expression of Interest form for a Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity. If you submit an Expression of Interest form, Chick-fil-A will not be obligated to offer you a franchise opportunity. Rather, Chick-fil-A will review and evaluate the information you submit in your Expression of Interest to determine if you meet Chick-fil-A’s preliminary criteria for Operator candidate consideration. If we decide that you meet our preliminary criteria for Operator candidate consideration, you may be given the opportunity to fill out a Chick-fil-A Operator Application. If you are invited to fill out an Operator Application, Chick-fil-A will send you an invitation electronically, which will include information that will allow you to access and submit the Operator Application on-line. Upon receipt of a completed Operator Application, Chick-fil-A reviews the applicant’s candidacy further and determines what next steps are appropriate (i.e., continuation of the selection process or discontinuation of consideration). For those individuals who qualify, an offer to sell a franchise will only be made in conjunction with the delivery of a Chick-fil-A Franchise Disclosure Document.
There are approximately 22 countries and 15 U.S. states that regulate the offer and sale of franchises. These countries are Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada (provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, and Prince Edward Island), China, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Romania, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tunisia, the United States of America, and Vietnam. The U.S. states are California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of one of these states or countries, are receiving this message in one of these states or countries, or intend to operate a franchise in any of these states or countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with any applicable pre-sale registration and/or disclosure requirements in the applicable jurisdiction.
California Supply Chains Act
Chick-fil-A, Inc. (“CFA”) is committed to legal compliance and ethical conduct for itself and expects the same of its vendors. Thus, CFA’s policy is to only do business with vendors who have certified to CFA that their business practices are lawful, ethical and in compliance with the principles set forth in CFA’s Vendor Code of Conduct, and CFA expects its vendors to take steps to ensure the same of their own supply chains. Specifically, CFA will not conduct business with vendors employing persons under the age of 14, or in/under prison, indentured or bonded labor, or slave labor; benefitting from human trafficking; using corporal punishment or other forms of mental and physical coercion as a form of discipline; or providing or supplying goods or services tainted by any of the foregoing practices.
In accordance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, CFA makes the following disclosures:
CFA requires its vendors to certify that their business practices are lawful, ethical and in compliance with the principles set forth in CFA’s Vendor Code of Conduct (including those provisions relating to human trafficking and slavery), and that they take steps to ensure the same of their own supply chains. To ensure accountability, CFA reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with any vendor who fails to provide such certifications or whose business practices, or the business practices of its own suppliers and subcontractors, are not lawful, ethical and in compliance with the principles set forth in CFA’s Vendor Code of Conduct. CFA also reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with vendors who fail to provide written confirmation to CFA that they have a program in place to monitor their suppliers and subcontractors for compliance with law, good ethics, and the principles set forth in CFA’s Vendor Code of Conduct. CFA reserves the right to conduct verification and audits (including third-party verification and audits) of its suppliers regarding human trafficking and slavery. CFA has conducted general audits of certain of its suppliers, and has not observed violations with respect to human trafficking or slavery issues. CFA is currently considering whether and how to best use third-party supply chain verification and independent unannounced audits with its suppliers. CFA provides company employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management with training on CFA’s business practices, vendor requirements, and CFA’s Vendor Code of Conduct, including those provisions relating to mitigating risks of human trafficking and slavery. Employees and management failing to meet CFA standards regarding slavery and trafficking are subject to disciplinary action.
Chick-fil-A First 100 Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Definitions: All capitalized terms used in these Official Rules shall have the meaning ascribed to them in Section E entitled “Definitions” at the end of these Official Rules.
- Eligibility: The Giveaway is open and offered only to legal United States residents with a valid government issued photo ID who are 18 years of age or older, and the age of majority in their states of residence if the age of majority is greater than 18, as of the first day of the Giveaway Period. Released Parties, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children, step-parents, step-siblings, and step-children, regardless of where they live) and same household members of Released Parties (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. Please see http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings for specific residency and/or eligibility restrictions. For example, participation in any specific Giveaway may be limited to residents of a certain geographical area.
B. DRAWING RULES
- Drawing Period: The Drawing will be conducted upon the conclusion of the Drawing Period. DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE DRAWING PERIOD. Arriving at the Restaurant before the Drawing Period begins does not improve odds of winning. The actual time of Drawing Period may be modified at any time in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Please see http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings to confirm the applicable start and end times of the Drawing Period.
- How to Enter: Arrive at the Restaurant during the Drawing Period and comply with the entry instructions provided at the Restaurant and/or located at http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings. If, at the end of the Drawing Period there are 100 or less Individuals present, qualified and prepared to participate in the Giveaway, Sponsor will check ID, and each eligible Individual who completes and signs the Giveaway’s Release and Waiver will become a Participant in the Restaurant’s First 100 Giveaway. In such case, Sponsor shall award Numbers on a first come basis thereafter until all 100 Participants and 10 Alternates are selected. If possible, all Numbers will be awarded.
- Drawing: If, during the Drawing Period, more than 100 Individuals are present, qualified and prepared to participate in the Giveaway, Sponsor will check ID, and each eligible Individual will be given one (1) Ticket and entered in the Drawing. No unofficial sign-up sheets or lists will be honored. Eligible Individuals must be present during the entire Drawing Period and must be present to win. Sponsor will randomly draw 100 Tickets. Each Individual holding a matching drawn Ticket will win a Number and be provided with a General Release and Waiver. Each such Individual who completes and signs the Giveaway’s Release and Waiver will become a Participant in the Restaurant’s First 100 Giveaway. After 100 Tickets are drawn, Sponsor will randomly draw an additional 10 Tickets. Each Individual holding those matching drawn Tickets will win an “Alternate” Number and be provided with a General Release and Waiver. Each eligible Individual who completes and signs the Giveaway’s Release and Waiver will become an Alternate, numbered 1-10 based on the order drawn, in the Restaurant’s First 100 Giveaway. Limit one (1) Ticket per Individual. Submission of multiple Ticket entries by or on behalf of the same Individual will result in ineligibility with respect to all entries submitted by or for an Individual. Tickets or Numbers may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned or auctioned.
- Odds:Odds of being selected as a Participant or Alternate depend on the number of eligible entrants who enter the Giveaway.
C. CONTEST RULES
Participant, Alternate and Guest Participation in Giveaway: Participants and Alternates must remain at the Sponsor-designated area at the Restaurant during the entire Giveaway Period to receive a Prize. Exceptions are made for short bathroom breaks and/or to comply with any applicable legal requirement, or otherwise in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Each Participant and Alternate will be given a wristband with his or her Number written on it. The wristband must be worn at all times during the Giveaway Period. During the Giveaway Period, if any Participant is disqualified or leaves the Restaurant, for any reason, an Alternate will take the former Participant’s place and become a Participant, starting with Alternate Number 1 and continuing as needed to Alternate Number 10.
Participants and Alternates may have up to 5 Guests remain at the Restaurant during the Giveaway Period, provided that they sign the Release and Waiver, comply with Sponsor’s instructions while at the Restaurant and do not create a decorum or safety issue. Guests must be 5 years of age or older as of the first day of the Giveaway Period. Minors may remain at the Restaurant so long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times and so long as the parent or guardian signs a Release and Waiver on their behalf. Guests will receive a wristband which has the Number of their associated Participant or Alternate. The wristbands must be worn at all times during the Giveaway Period. Pets and animals (except service animals) shall not be permitted at the Restaurant during the Giveaway Period. No illegal drugs or alcohol are permitted at the Restaurant at any time. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be disqualified from the Giveaway and be required to leave the Restaurant immediately. Sponsor may restrict or prohibit the possession of certain other items at any Restaurant in its sole discretion. Please seehttp://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Openings for a list of restricted and prohibited items (which is subject to change or modification at any time in sponsor’s sole discretion) and any other applicable rules and guidelines related to the Giveaway.
The purpose of this promotion is to camp out overnight at the Restaurant and to participate in pre-Grand Opening events. Sponsor shall have no obligation to provide shelter, clothing, food, drink or any other item to any Participant, Alternate or Guest. The foregoing items are the sole responsibility of the Participants, Alternates and Guests. Participants, Alternates and Guests must dress appropriately for changing weather conditions. Sponsor, or its agents, may conduct random checks of Participants, Alternates and Guests during the Giveaway Period to confirm adherence to these Official Rules. If a Participant, Alternate or Guest is found to have violated any Official Rules, including without limitation, leaving the designated area at the Restaurant, Participant or Alternate may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from receiving a Prize. Participants, Alternates and Guests agree to abide by all safety and decorum conditions established by Sponsor and may be immediately removed from the Restaurant at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, for failure to comply with said conditions, or for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prizes: Subject to complying with these Official Rules, all Participants and Alternates will win a Prize.
- Up to 100 Grand Prizes will be awarded depending on the number of Participants remaining at the end of the Giveaway Period. ARV of each Grand Prize is approximately $250.00; however, ARV may vary based on geographical region.
- Up to 10 Alternate Prizes will be awarded depending on the number of Alternates remaining at the end of the Giveaway Period. ARV of each Alternate Prize is approximately $20.00; however, ARV may vary based on geographical region.
Prizes have no cash value and may not be sold, offered for sale, assigned, transferred, offered for transfer, photocopied, duplicated, or redeemed or exchanged for cash, except by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, which reserves the right to substitute Prizes with a prize of comparable or greater value if underlying food products become unavailable for any reason. With regard to the Coupon portion of any Prize, please note the following: there is a limit of one Coupon per transaction; you must present and surrender Coupon to get the offer; Coupons are good only in the U.S.; Coupons are void where restricted, prohibited or taxed; Coupons not transferable, including via electronic means; no copies (electronic or print), facsimiles or photographs accepted; Coupons are void if reproduced, copied, altered, transferred, purchased or sold; Internet distribution of Coupons is strictly prohibited; Coupons may not be combined with any other promotion or offer; no cash refunds are given for Coupons; Coupons may not be accepted at some Chick-fil-A restaurants, including, but not limited to, Chick-fil-A Express or Chick-fil-A licensed locations such as airports, college campuses, office complexes and hospitals; any other use of Coupons constitutes fraud; and Coupon redemption is subject to review and verification. Each Participant and Alternate is solely responsible for any applicable taxes and unspecified expenses associated with a Prize. In the event that the Giveaway is cancelled or preempted for any reason, including weather, no rain checks, exchanges, substitution or cash replacement value of a Prize will be provided.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may award de minimus value prizes during the Giveaway Period to Participants, Alternates or Guests. These prizes shall not affect the award of Grand Prizes or Alternate Prizes.
Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole and absolute discretion, not award a Prize to any Participant or Alternate. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prizes that are lost, stolen or misplaced.
- How to Claim Prize: Subject to complying with these Official Rules, all Participants and Alternates will receive a Prize from Sponsor at or about the end of the Giveaway Period. Each compliant Participant will receive one (1) Grand Prize. Each compliant Alternate will receive one (1) Alternate Prize.
D. RULES COMMON TO BOTH DRAWING AND CONTEST
- Verification: All Individuals are subject to verification of eligibility at any time prior to being given a Ticket for the Drawing, prior to becoming a Participant or Alternate, or prior to being awarded a Prize. Tickets, Numbers and/or Prizes are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained from Sponsor, including (among other means) purchasing Tickets, Numbers or Prizes online or through live auctions. If any part of a Ticket, Number or Prize is counterfeited, or if any part is illegible, mutilated, or tampered with in any way, the Ticket, Number or Prize will be rejected and deemed void and invalid.
- Publicity: Except where and as may be prohibited by law, participation in the Giveaway and acceptance of a Number or a Prize constitutes express permission by Participating Parties for Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor, to use such Participating Parties’ name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, and/or state for advertising, trade, promotion, and publicity purposes in all forms of media now known or hereafter discovered or devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further notice, review or approval, or compensation. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not participate in the Giveaway.
- General Conditions: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Neither Sponsor nor any other Released Party is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participating Parties, tampering, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, and neither Sponsor nor any Released Party assumes responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participating Party found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting illegally or in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. In such event(s), Sponsor reserves the right (in addition to disqualification of such Participating Party) to seek damages from any such Participating Party to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by persons, weather, acts of God, fraud, or any other causes which, Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, or the Giveaway is otherwise not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway. If the Giveaway or any portion of the Giveaway is terminated before the end of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to award Prizes to all Participants and Alternates. In the event that a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, or if a Participant or Alternate is not capable of redeeming the Prize for any reason, Sponsor shall not be obligated to award any such Prize, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, whether or not to substitute a Prize (or portion of Prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value or cash value. If, for any reason, more than the stated number of Prizes are available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award more than the stated number of Prizes. An Individual is not a Winner, Participant or Alternate until he or she has fully complied with these Official Rules. A Prize is not exchangeable for cash, merchandise, or services except as stated on the Coupon. No groups, clubs, newsletters, or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members, and anyone who participates in the Giveaway through means not permitted by these Official Rules is subject to disqualification
- Release: By participating in this Giveaway, the Participating Parties agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense of any kind to any person(s), including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity, being present at the Restaurant for the Giveaway, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited, the Participating Parties agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Giveaway, or any Prize awarded, or the determination of a Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the Participating Parties be permitted to obtain awards for, and the Participating Parties hereby waive any and all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and Participating Parties hereby waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Giveaway, each Participating Party fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including but not limited to Sponsor’s employee(s) handling Prize awards), which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway. By participating in the Giveaway, each Participating Party waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The failure or delay by Sponsor in enforcing any particular clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules shall not impact the validity, enforceability, or effect of such clause, provision or aspect, or any other clause, provision, or aspect of these Official Rules.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participating Parties and/or Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of Georgia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall exclusively take place in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, or Georgia State Court located in Atlanta, Georgia. The Participating Parties agree to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right to change of venue or any like right.
- Official Rules: Official Rules for this Giveaway are available by visiting:http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/First-100-Rules . Copies are also made available at the Restaurant conducting the promotion.
- Disclosure of Winners:: For a disclosure of Winners for the Giveaway, mail the request which identifies the Restaurant along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 3 months of the end of the applicable Giveaway Period to: Chick fil A, Inc., Chick-fil-A First 100 Winners, ATTN: Annette Braddock, 5200 Buffington Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30349
Alternate Prize: Gift pack containing items in Sponsor’s sole discretion, which may include items such as a plush cow, a mug, a book or free Chick-fil-A food products for 1 month, consisting of 4 Coupons.
Alternate: The 10 eligible Individuals who are selected to receive an “Alternate” Number after the first 100 Participants have been chosen, and who are invited to remain at the Restaurant during the Giveaway Period and participate in the Contest.
ARV: Approximate Retail Value.
Chick-fil-A Sandwich Meal: Collectively, a Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato FriesTM and a medium drink.
Contest:The portion of the Giveaway conducted during the Giveaway Period for which Participants and Alternates remain at the Restaurant.
Coupon: A coupon valid for one Chick-fil-A Sandwich Meal redeemable at participating Chick fil A Restaurants.
Drawing:The random drawing held to determine the Winners of the 100 Participants, and if applicable, the 10 Alternates.
Drawing Period: Subject to modification by Sponsor, the period beginning at 5:30 a.m. Local Time on the Wednesday before the Thursday of grand opening of the Restaurant, and ending on or about 6:00 a.m. Local Time on said Wednesday upon the awarding of the Numbers.
Giveaway: Collectively, the Drawing and the Contest portions of the Chick-fil-A First 100 Giveaway.
Giveaway Period: The period beginning at the end of the Drawing Period and ending at the grand opening of the Restaurant, on or about 6:00 a.m. Local Time Thursday, which time is subject to modification by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Grand Prize: Free Chick-fil-A food products for 1 year, consisting of 52 Coupons.
Guests: Friends or relatives of Participants and Alternates permitted to remain at the Restaurant during the Giveaway Period.
Individual: Any person who comes to the Restaurant to take part in the Giveaway.
Local Time: The local time at the Restaurant.
Number: The numbered wrist band awarded to an Individual to permit participation in the Contest as either a Participant or an Alternate.
Participant: The first 100 eligible Individuals who are selected to receive a Number and who are then invited to remain at the Restaurant during the Giveaway Period and participate in the Contest.
Participating Party or Participating Parties: Collectively, the Individuals, Winners, Participants, Alternates and Guests.
Prize:Collectively, the Grand Prize and Alternate Prize.
Release and Waiver: The Waiver, Release and Covenant Not to Sue Relating to Participation in the Chick-fil-A First 100® Giveaway.
Released Parties: Sponsor and each employee, officer, director, agent and representative of Sponsor and CFA Properties, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchised operators, all of their respective advertising, promotion, or fulfillment agencies, promotional partners, and all other companies, entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, implementation, or handling of the Giveaway.
Restaurant: The Chick-fil-A Restaurant that will be hosting the grand opening, including the building, parking lot, landscape areas and all other portions of the Restaurant property.
Sponsor: Collectively, Chick fil-A, Inc., the Chick-fil-A franchised operator hosting the Restaurant grand opening, and their designees.
Ticket: Sponsor’s numbered ticket used to enter the Drawing.
Winner: Collectively, the Participants and the Alternates.
© 2010-13 Chick-fil-A, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.