Team Member Care
- Our local restaurant Operators are following CDC guidance on how and when to exclude Team Members that are diagnosed, sick or exposed. Operators are monitoring their Team Members for symptoms. Anyone who displays symptoms is asked to stay home and not return based on CDC guidance.
- When clocking in for their shift, Team Members are prompted to review a list of symptoms, including those of COVID-19. They know not to clock-in, but to go home if they are experiencing symptoms or have experienced symptoms in the past 24 hours.
- Thermometers are available to our Operators for Team Members to be able to check their temperatures before entering the restaurant.
- Team Members are wearing face masks, or other face cover protection, in alignment with the CDC's recommendation to help prevent the spread. It is important to know, as to not limit availability for medical personnel and first responders, Chick-fil-A Inc. is not procuring medical-grade masks or face protection.
- All Team Members must wash uniforms and, when available, re-wearable masks after their shifts end and prior to reuse.
All of our procedures are developed in strict adherence to CDC and FDA guidelines. The CDC and Surgeon General have advised hand washing with soap and water and alcohol-based hand rubs are the most effective ways to reduce risks of transmitting an infection.
- Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands at an even greater frequency (this includes a minimum of every 30 minutes) and to sanitize hands more regularly.
- We have issued new guidelines requiring the safe use of gloves by Team Members. In line with the CDC recommendation, we are requiring washing hands after removing gloves.
- To ensure adequate hand washing, we deployed new outdoor hand washing stations for restaurant Team Members to use when Team Members are outside for more than 5 minutes consistently, interacting with Customers, handling food, and/or handling cash transactions.
We are evaluating every aspect of our business to ensure we take all possible measures to prevent any potential spread of the coronavirus, including the way we prepare and package your meals.
- For the time being, items like our signature Icedream and other menu items will be served in different packaging to limit contact.
- We are implementing contactless meal fulfillment for food served through our drive-thru, carryout and curbside.
- Additionally, we are instituting contactless procedures and other measures with our delivery partners to minimize potential spread. All third-party and Team Member Delivery meals are required to be sealed with delivery stickers to ensure they have not been opened since prepared and packaged.
Our team has been innovating new procedures to help restaurants nationwide remain vigilant about social distancing and limit any physical contact with Guests during this time. Here are a few examples of changes we are making in restaurants:
- To help restaurant Team Members maintain six-feet separation from each other and Guests whenever possible, restaurants have been equipped with visual diagrams with guidelines.
- Social distancing floor decals will be placed at least six feet apart along a walking path (inside and outside), and to the restrooms, when open.
- We are designating separate doorways for entering and exiting the restaurant in locations offering in-restaurant pickup to reduce person-to-person contact.
- We are creating walking paths through the restaurants for Guests, with marks every six feet to encourage social distancing.
- We are revising to-go order and beverage service procedures to reduce contact between Team Members and Guests.
Please know that because each restaurant is independently owned and operated and building design and operations vary restaurant-to-restaurant, these operations may look different at your location.
As Guests arrive at the restaurant and enter the dining room, it is important to know health and wellbeing is our priority. Below are ways that ways restaurants are working to ensure a safe and healthy experience:
- Hand sanitizer stations available for customer use.
- Front counter plexiglass shields in between registers and customer payment systems to provide an extra layer of protection between Team Members and Guests.
- To further limit person-to-person contact, Guests have the ability to swipe their own credit card and no longer have to provide credit card PIN entry or sign for receipts.
- Team Members will use a plastic bin to collect cash and return change.
- Separate restaurant Team Members will handle payment and meal delivery carry-out, so a Team Member who processes payment should not touch any packaging unless they first change their gloves and wash their hands. (Food preparation has always been done by different Team Members than those handling payments or serving Guests.)
- All meal delivery must be contactless by using a plastic bin or tray to deliver meals.
- Condiment stations will remain empty as all condiments will be provided to Guests with meal.